twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Sunday 21 February 2010

A future fair for all








So, there is our election slogan; "A future fair for all", quite good I think. It was officially launched today with a very good speech by Gordon Brown in Nuneaton. He urged people to "take a second look at Labour and a long hard look at 'them' (assuming he is referring to the Tories...). I think that is exactly correct, the sooner people realise what the effect of a Tory government will be, the better; not just for Labour's election results but for the country in general. 

As Alastair Campbell said in his recent blog post, "The consistency of 'a future fair for all' is among its strengths. It underlines Labour's enduring values." I think Campbell hits the nail on the head there, fairness has always been a key component of the Labour Party line and is one of the main reasons I joined. It's also something we need to focus on in the run up to polling day, not just fairness, but the party's ethic and original beliefs that I think we've lost sight of. It is because of those beliefs that the public voted Labour in 1997 in the first place. 

I hope this can be the beginning of the most almighty Tory, pre-election demise. We can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wordle: Words most used in a left wing British political blog